GeneMANIA Cytoscape plugin 2.0 released

Quaid Morris

Dec 1, 2010, 8:40:05 PM12/1/10
to genemania-announce
The latest release of the GeneMANIA Cytoscape Plugin features the following changes:

 * Compatibility with Cytoscape 2.8.
 * Command line tools for data set creation, manipulation, prediction, and analysis.
 * Functional analysis based on GO annotations.
 * Support for using an arbitrary Cytoscape network in GeneMANIA predictions.
 * Quickfind compatibility.
 * Performance enhancements.
 * Proxy server support.
 * Bug fixes involving session handling and multiple predicted networks.

Command Line Tools:

The GeneMANIA plugin is distributed as a JAR file, which also contains a set of Java-based command line tools for performing predictions and managing data sets in an automatable way.  Documentation for these tools can be found at http://www.genemania.org/plugin/tools.html

Compatibility:

This release works with Cytoscape 2.6.3+, 2.7, and 2.8.  We’ve changed the way we handle node and edge attributes so that sessions created with version 2.0 of the plugin and beyond can be read by the latest release.  Unfortunately, this means sessions created by version 1.0 of the GeneMANIA plugin cannot be loaded fully by 2.0. We recommend recreating sessions created with version 1.0 if you want to load them into 2.0.

Availability:

The current release of the plugin is available through Cytoscape's main plugin repository under the Network Inference category.  Development snapshots are available at http://www.genemania.org/plugin/.

--
Quaid Morris, PhD
Assistant Professor, Banting and Best Department of Medical Research