GeneMANIA PSICQUIC webservice now available

Gary Bader

Feb 16, 2012, 12:00:54 PM2/16/12
to genemania...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We are pleased to announce our GeneMANIA (www.genemania.org) PSICQUIC webservice, which allows you to query millions of GeneMANIA functional interactions from your own software and scripts and multiple software that support the standard PSICQUIC molecular interaction query service (such as the Cytoscape PSICQUIC client plugin). It is accessible through http://webservice.baderlab.org:8180/psi-gm/webservices or through the PSICQUIC Registry: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/webservices/psicquic/registry/registry?action=STATUS

The webservice provides access to 120 million interactions (enlarging the number of interactions in PSICQUIC by 500%) and includes the following organisms:

Arabidopsis thaliana: 7,661,255 interactions
Homo sapiens: 63,343,218 interactions
Caenorhabditis elegans: 479,544 interactions
Saccharomyces cerevisiae: 15,197,425 interactions
Mus musculus: 30,424,320 interactions
Rattus norvegicus: 3,538,403 interactions
Drosophila melanogaster: 15 interactions*

For those PSICQUIC users new to GeneMANIA, our service includes a number of different types of interactions, including protein-protein interactions from iRefIndex, genetic interactions from BioGRID, pathway interactions from Pathway Commons, co-expression interactions confirmed in at least two studies derived from GEO, shared protein domain relationships derived from InterPro, predicted interactions from I2D and other sources, and many other types of networks.

*We currently have only 15 interactions for Drosophila melanogaster due to missing Uniprot IDs from the version of Ensembl we are using. This has been fixed in the current release of Ensembl and will be fixed in our next GeneMANIA PSICQUIC release.

Thanks,
The GeneMANIA team