Installing GraphViz

Joe Bissett

Nov 28, 2010, 10:31:15 AM11/28/10
to Geneaquilts
I run Windows XP SP3. I downloaded and ran Geneaquilts 1.0.2. Now I
want to import one of my GedComs. The instructions for GraphViz are
GREEK to me.

Do I download it to the same folder as 1.0.2?

Does it have a Windows .exe file to run it?

I suggest that the information on the 1.0.2 web page provide more
detailed instructions for non-computer geeks like me.

Thanks, Joe

Pierre Dragicevic

Nov 28, 2010, 10:36:58 AM11/28/10
to Joe Bissett, Geneaquilts
Hi Joe,

You just need to install GraphViz on your computer:

Then, launch GeneaQuilts. No need for it to be in the same folder.

Pierre

Joe Bissett

Nov 28, 2010, 11:25:21 AM11/28/10
to Geneaquilts
Thank you. That got me up and running.

Joe

On Nov 28, 9:36 am, Pierre Dragicevic <pierre.drag...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> You just need to install GraphViz on your computer:http://www.graphviz.org/Download_windows.php
>
> Then, launch GeneaQuilts. No need for it to be in the same folder.
>
> Pierre

Bob Hall

Jun 1, 2014, 10:06:33 PM6/1/14
to genea...@googlegroups.com
Could someone please help? I can't find the .exe file to run either Geneaquilts 1.0.6 or GraphViz on my computer (Windows XP). What's the trick?

drjimbouk

Jan 14, 2015, 9:51:51 AM1/14/15
to genea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Not working for me as there appears to be problem with the GraphViz installer setting the PATH variable.
Can anyone tell me what the variable should be set to and where do I set it.
TIA,
JS

drjimbouk

Jan 19, 2015, 11:15:22 AM1/19/15
to genea...@googlegroups.com
Update.
Managed to research how to do it for myself.
JS

Pierre Dragicevic

Jan 19, 2015, 11:35:49 AM1/19/15
to drjimbouk, Geneaquilts
Hi JS,

Excellent! And really sorry in being slow in responding.

Pierre