Generations

Sally Bruckheimer

Dec 15, 2010, 9:06:52 AM12/15/10
to genea...@googlegroups.com
I have three questions about Geneaquilts: one is the Filter, the next
generations, and the third placement of somebody in the wrong
generation.

1. I would like to filter or find people, like it shows in the video,
but I can't type in the little box to find somebody. I have a large
tree, about 2500 people in the descendency I am trying, and I have to
scroll endlessly through looking for somebody. Am I doing something
or not doing something that I should be doing?

2. Just for fun, I tried to visualize more of my data than one
descendency. The oldest ancestors in the decendencies lived in
different centuries, but they start out in the same section, then get
messed up. Without attention to dates or common people (me and my
immediate family, since I am in all my descendencies), it doesn't work
well. I don't see anywhere in the documentation that this application
is for a single descendency, but I think that it should.

3. I have an first cousin, several times removed who married a man
unrelated to the descendency except for the marriage and their
children. However, he is identified as being in the next generation,
so there is a big loop out of the main descendency, showing that Lea
married somebody of the next generation; actually he has no parents
listed, so his parents lines goes up to a family with no parents. Is
there some way to get him placed in the right generation, next to his
wife, like most couples (both were born about 1860)? There are
actually several couple where one person is misplaced.

I am attaching a screenshot showing the two lines, and also the gedcom.

Thanks,

Sally

Lea Ruslander and Israel Guerchovitch.png
Ruslander basic.ged