Future Plans

Trevor

Dec 16, 2010, 2:22:26 AM12/16/10
to Geneaquilts
Thank you for the new version.

Are there any plans in the future to develop the application for data
input into a Gedcom file or will it remain a 'reader only'
application?

Best regards,

Trevor

Pierre Dragicevic

Dec 16, 2010, 3:08:22 AM12/16/10
to Trevor, Geneaquilts
Hi Trevor,

This is a good point and we already got this comment before.

Since our job is not to develop products it's unlikely we will have
time to add editing capabilities or any other heavy functionality. But
if there is interest in the open source community for developing
GeneaQuilts we will distribute the source code. Also, since we did not
patent the idea everyone is naturally welcome to re-implement it from
scratch.

Pierre

~S. Hasan Altaf

Dec 16, 2010, 11:04:21 AM12/16/10
to Pierre Dragicevic, genea...@googlegroups.com
perhaps it would be a good idea to patent it, and license it to the big heritage sites like myheritage.com, geni.com, and ancestry.com.
~S. Hasan
ابھی تو بہت کچھ کرنا باقی ہے

Khana-e-Saleem
(V/T) +1 (404) 93 93 433