What's New in Family History, Genealogy & Local History Books?

1 view

JacobSmith

Feb 13, 2011, 11:12:43 PM2/13/11
to Genealogy
What's New in Family History, Genealogy & Local History Books?
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/whatsnewbooks.htm

While updating The BOOK [Stick] of JUDAH, which now has
parent to child link connections for nodes of European Royalty,
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/ancientgenealogyjudah.htm
I found it necessary to add Publications & Services - BRILL, which
currently has 1054 total scholarly results for 'keyword: medieval'.
http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=18&searchtext=medieval&type=1

Example:
Kingship and State Formation in Sweden 1130-1290
http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=210&pid=27230
Extensive appendices are included on the genealogy
and landholdings of powerful families and on fortifications.
The book is well furnished with over forty maps and genealogical
tables.

Forthcoming Titles
http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=73

Daughters of London In production
Expected: March 2011
http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=210&pid=31496

In historical records, women appear as widows,
sometimes as wives or singlewomen, but one
thing they had in common was they all were daughters.
Through an examination of the Husting wills, Kate Staples
focuses on daughters in the late medieval capital and their
chances to own, rent, and manage property. These daughters
were provided opportunities to be active economic agents in
a world often described as hostile to women. Daughters of
London also considers parents’ influence through their
bequests to daughters and the visualization of daughters’
household spaces that these bequests allow. By focusing
on daughterhood, and particularly urban daughters’
experiences of inheritance, we can refocus the lens
through which we see and understand women’s lives
in the medieval past .

Respectfully yours,

V. Chris & Tom Tinney, Sr.
http://www.academic-genealogy.com/