Human Trafficking

1 view

Tracy

Feb 12, 2010, 9:49:53 AM2/12/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
I don't know if many of you know about the statistics of modern day
slavery. 27 million people are enslaved worldwide. 80% of victims are
women and children. Mostly little girls who are bought and sold on the
streets, used for abuse, sex, violence. This is violent, disturbing
subject that is kept and the dark and awareness needs to be raised.

My church, Christ Fellowship, has been greatly involved in trying to
end this. But there is no possible way we could do it alone. Please
take the time to learn more about this; it happens all over the globe,
the United States as well.

Educate yourself on a few of these sites:

Not For Sale - www.notforsalecampaign.org

International Justice Mission - www.ijm.org

Love 146 - www.love146.org

Polaris Projct - www.polarisproject.org

A21 - www.theA21campaign.org

Thank you, they need our help.

-Tracy

Robert Goodrich

Feb 12, 2010, 11:33:45 AM2/12/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
Great links and discussion topic, Tracy.

I was just reading about North Korea last night, and about the human
trafficking into China and South Korea. Families so desperate in that
impoverished nation that they see it as a favorable option for their
children. So sad and tragic.

Lori

Mar 2, 2010, 10:12:07 AM3/2/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
It's so awful what is happening. After your original post Tracy I
look up more information on it. This is happening sadly, all over the
world. This is an interesting site to learn more about what can be
done to stop Human Trafficking.

This is the website: http://www.acf.hhs.gov/trafficking/

Lori
: )