To the Actors...

Miranda

Dec 9, 2009, 3:51:16 PM12/9/09
to Gen-Z Global Stage
I just wanted to know if anyone has any theatre-related activities
coming soon.

Personally, my school is preparing to host the holiday show, which has
been a tradition since I started going to G-Star. Every year, one of
the theatre teachers writes a winter show for his fiancé's fourth-
grade class, which he then turns over to the seniors to perform.

This show is usually the first production of Theatre 101, which is a
senior-run theatre company at G-Star. Basically, aside from writing
the script and directing the show, we seniors are in charge of
everything. We're responsible for the lighting, the sound, and the
publicity in addition to the acting of this play. Oh, and we have less
than a week to bring it all together.

Today, the actors were assigned parts and given their scripts. Our
first rehearsal, a read-through of the play, is this Friday. The show
goes up next Thursay. We better start memorizing... XD

I'm pretty sure that most of the G-Star kids involved with Gen-Z are
in some way participating in the show. They can post what they're
doing here, but I'll just speak for myself right now. I was cast as No-
Beard the Pirate, the first mate of my twin sister's character,
Captain Short Jack Copper (get it, kind of like Captain Long John
Silver... hahaha). I'm excited to start rehearsing, arrrrgh! };D

A little farther down the line, next year, the G-Star Thespians are
going to an acting competition. We're quite the busy beavers.

So, does anyone else have any theatre projects coming up? Not just in
an acting sense, but a technical one as well. :)

Iva Buncic

Dec 11, 2009, 11:24:22 AM12/11/09
to Gen-Z Global Stage
i'm acting in a winter show..it's called "winter melody"..it's about
the land of music and i'm playing a little girl who hates music and
sounds, i like silence..so, i decide to steel the basic scale to have
a little bit of silence..hehehe..but the problem is that christmas
will come soon and in our land we expect some very important
person..and there is a great song prepared for that guest..when i
steel the scale there is a panic in the land, because i stole it
secretly..of course, my mom caught me and i'm sorry..the expected
guest is coming (it's santa, if you couldn't guess..hehe) and i say
what i did and i apologize and everything is good..happy end.. :o)
it's a very cute show for kids and it has a lot of songs and music
inside..we play it mostly for the kids of employers in some
company..they hire us to play in there space or somewhere
else..usually, i'm acting in interactive educational theater shows for
kids or young people besides other things.. :o)
i can upload some photos, so that you can laugh at me..hehehehe..

Miranda

Dec 11, 2009, 5:23:47 PM12/11/09
to Gen-Z Global Stage
That would be great! I'd love to see them! We'll try and put some
photos up on our end, too! :)

Lori

Dec 15, 2009, 6:13:31 PM12/15/09
to Gen-Z Global Stage
I think that educational theater shows for kids or young people is
amazing. I love doing shows, especially behind the scenes where it is
geared for younger audiences. I work with kids and think they are
wonderful to learn from. I prefer being behind the scenes and not on
stage.

Marggy

Dec 15, 2009, 9:17:00 PM12/15/09
to Gen-Z Global Stage
Hey everyone!

Yes, I am also part of our schools holiday show.
I absolutely love it and I cant believe the show is thursday!
anyone that has time to come watch it, please some support!

This show is crazy funny and has been so last minute.
I personally should have my lines down a little better.
All we had was three days to rehearse and the show is on!
one more to go and its lights up for everyone.
So nerve recking! but its just about having fun and enjoying our last
few performances as seniors.

:(

sincerely, Marggy aka Aunt Tolouse :)

Cassie

Dec 16, 2009, 10:39:37 AM12/16/09
to Gen-Z Global Stage
Hello!

I am also involved in our school's holiday show. I play Jill, while my
brother plays Jack (from the nursery rhyme Jack and Jill). We are an
"Extreme Stunt Team" and it is so much fun! We get to do lame stunts,
like really bad cartwheels. This is my first time acting on our
school's stage (I prefer working in technical positions) so I'm
extremely excited! At first, I was really nervous to act in front of a
large audience. But this, being my senior year, has been my year to
try acting. I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I thought it's
very fun!

I can't wait for tomorrow when we perform! :-D