Haiti

Lori

Jan 17, 2010, 3:41:44 PM1/17/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
Hi Everyone!

I know in the United States everyone is constantly thinking about the
people of Haiti and relief efforts. I almost cry everytime I watch
the news and think of everything that is happening to those poor
people affected by the earthquake. Is this the same in your
countries? Has Haiti been talked about a lot?

Hope everyone is safe!
Lori

Iva Buncic

Jan 18, 2010, 6:17:24 AM1/18/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
hi..
in croatia haiti is one of the most important subject in news..we just
had presidential elections so it's still number one on the news, but
when the earthquake happened it was the first news everywhere for
three or four days..now, it's always mentioned..the croatian red cross
is collecting money for people of haiti..we are small country so we
cannot help a lot, but good will is most important..i really hope
people of haiti will be safe soon..
take care..
iva

Lori

Jan 18, 2010, 7:21:12 PM1/18/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
That is interesting and WONDERFUL, that even small countries such as
Croatia, are able to help. Our school is collecting food, bandages,
etc. I know all over our local communities truck loads are being sent
overseas. A small university close to my house had students on a
mission trip. Sadly, a few are still missing.

Tomorrow many people in my area are wearing red as a sign of support.

Stay Safe!
Lori

Iva Buncic

Jan 19, 2010, 6:44:15 AM1/19/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
yes, i'm happy we can also help in some way..we have our volunteers
there and we send food, medicines, etc.
i really hope those people will find their way for new lives..it's
very nice this gesture to wear red as a sign of support..

Miranda

Jan 19, 2010, 5:15:42 PM1/19/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
Yes, I wore red today! :D

My family and I have donated food and money for the relief efforts in
Haiti, but I wish that there was more that we could do. I hate
watching the news, seeing the faces of the victims of the earthquake.
I want to help them but can't for obvious reasons...

But just imagining how I would feel in their situation, not knowing if
my loved ones are safe, breaks my heart...

I so hope that things get better for those poor people. :'(

Heidi

Feb 11, 2010, 1:44:58 PM2/11/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
I don't know if you all are still following the recovery in Haiti, but
just yesterday the family of one of the missing Lynn University (which
is here in Boca Raton, Florida) students confirmed that their
daughter's body was found in the rubble of the hotel where she was
staying when the earthquake struck.

The Lynn University students were on a humanitarian mission to help
the poor people of Haiti, and six students and two professors from the
group have been missing since that awful day in January.

Please keep the people of Haiti, and those who have lost loved ones to
the earthquake, in your thoughts. They need all of the positive energy
they can get, right now.

Tracy

Feb 12, 2010, 9:39:25 AM2/12/10
to Gen-Z Global Stage
What has happened to Haiti has ultimatey been tragic. I can't watch
the news because I can't control myself when I see what has happened.
I wish there was more I could do too, but the best thing we can do is
have faith that everything will be okay, and continue to keep them in
our thoughts, hopes, and prayers. Also, everything that has happened
with Lynn U is just terribly sad. My hearts go out to friends and
families of that missions trip, and more.