Detailed Explanation of rpace and wpace flags for BSLMM model

Darren

Feb 29, 2024, 6:20:50 AMFeb 29
to gemma-discussion

Hello,

Apologies if this explained somewhere else, but I can't find any further information than the details listed by the flag in the manual.

Can you provide any further explanation as to what the recording pace and writing pace actually do when using a BSLMM model.  Especially in regards to how they behave in relation to the number of sampling steps output, and how they relate to the thinning interval.

Reading from the manual I expected that the thinning interval would be the recording pace multiplied by the writing pace but when I run a model as:

-w 1,000,000,000 -s 10,000,000 -rpace 1000,

leaving the -wpace at the default 1000, I get 10,000 samples written out, rather than the 1000 I expected.

Thanks,
Darren