release prep

Brent Pedersen

Jan 9, 2019, 11:12:10 AM1/9/19
to gemini-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi All, it's about time for a new gemini release. I have opened a
tracking issue here:
https://github.com/arq5x/gemini/issues/912
I'll be spending time in the next few weeks closing out major bugs and
updating for that release. Please reply here or (preferably) in the
issue with needed changes/updates that are not mentioned there.
thanks,
-Brent

Brent Pedersen

Jan 14, 2019, 3:14:37 PM1/14/19
to gemini-v...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone with biomart/ensembl chops want to tackle this issue:
https://github.com/arq5x/gemini/issues/902 ?

The current perl code to do this is here:
https://github.com/arq5x/gemini/tree/master/gemini/annotation_provenance/gene_table/downloads
and has bit-rotted after 5 years. I haven't been able to get it to
work. If anyone who is interested in keeping the gene_summary and
gene_detailed information
could help out with this, it would be much appreciated.
thanks,
-Brent

Brent Pedersen

Jan 29, 2019, 6:34:35 PM1/29/19
to gemini-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
the items in issue 912 have been completed, save for the gene tables
(for which there is a PR).
What's in gemini on github now will be the 0.3.0 release. You can try
it out by using gemini update --devel.
You can also get the changes to the inheritance modules (these are
likely to have the most impact for users) by using:
pip install -U inheritance

that will allow for de novos that are transmitted in multigenerational
pedigrees and for the detection of compound-hets where
one variant is a de novo.

The official release should be out in the next couple of weeks.
-Brent

phillip.a...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2019, 6:21:42 PM3/20/19
to gemini-variation