No click or contact sound when accelerator pedal is pushed?

magie 06e2

Jul 14, 2009, 2:33:42 PM7/14/09
to GEM NEV Electric Vehicle Forum
Hi Guys,

I had this problem once before about six months ago. It turned out to
be, (error
code 11), Accelerator pedal pushed when the car was first turned on.

Fix was, (Release the accelerator pedal,select a drive mode and then
push the
accelerator pedal). Played with drive select and re-set the master
switch afew
times and finally got it to go, with no more problems.

Now I have the problem again. When key is turned on, error code
43,lights up,
(armature motor offset voltage too low). Fix is; (Replace the motor
controler).
I dont recall if I had the error code 43 the first time? When
accelerator pedal
is pushed, error code 43 is replaced with error code 11.

Gel batteries all check 12.47 Hard to believe the motor controler
was ok one night and gone the next morning? If it is bad, are they
repairable? Cost of new/rebuilt? Any comments/suggestions greatly
appreciated.

magie 06 e2

greg borzilleri

Jul 14, 2009, 3:52:38 PM7/14/09
to gem_nev_electri...@googlegroups.com
Maggie

What year is the car?

Greg
--
Greg Borzilleri
GE Cruisers/Mirror Lake Boat Rental

magie 06e2

Jul 14, 2009, 8:53:13 PM7/14/09
to GEM NEV Electric Vehicle Forum
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply.

All my posts are signed off with (magie), followed by the year and
model of the car, (06, year), and (e2, model). I wish more people
would post the year and model of their car.

magie 06 e2
> 518.524.7890www.gecruisers.com- Hide quoted text -

greg borzilleri

Jul 14, 2009, 9:39:25 PM7/14/09
to gem_nev_electri...@googlegroups.com
Maggie

Gottcha. I would see if you can find someone who can do a simple test
of the controller. I have a brand new one on hand and can also check
with my guys to see how much it would cost to rebuild yours.
Sometimes they just go...

Greg

magie 06e2

Jul 15, 2009, 12:09:32 AM7/15/09
to GEM NEV Electric Vehicle Forum
Hi Guys,
Someone sent me on the right track and saved me a bunch of money. I
would have never looked at the parking brake switch. This switch looks
like a simple switch that beeps when you turn the key off and don’t
pull the emergency brake.
In trying to remove the switch to replace it I noticed a slot in one
of the holes where it is bolted on that lets you adjust it up or down.
I loosened that screw and adjusted it up about 1/8 of an inch, and to
my amazement, problem solved? I still don’t understand why? I wonder
how many controlers have been sold/rebuilt because of this switch?
Thought I would pass this info on, maybe it will help someone else.

magie 06 e2

On Jul 14, 6:39 pm, greg borzilleri <gregb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maggie
>
> >> 518.524.7890www.gecruisers.com-Hide quoted text -

kjaya...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2019, 7:59:07 PM1/15/19
to GEM NEV Electric Vehicle Forum
Hi all, I have a E4 Gem golf buggy.It is a 2005 model year. I am hoping to purchase an accelerator,. I have tried to repair it but no luck. It was very dirty inside., but still open circuit at potentiometer after clean up.

Any information appreciated.

Best regards
Ken Abbs

John Reed

Sep 22, 2022, 6:24:36 PM9/22/22
to GEM NEV Electric Vehicle Forum
Maggie, mine is doing similar I will check the brake sw.
how do you access ?
Thanks

Robb Petty

Sep 23, 2022, 8:56:50 PM9/23/22
to gem_nev_electri...@googlegroups.com
Mine gave out on me and I got a new one.  Easy to install. The shop in NY sent mine out overnight

Robb Petty
Life is a tragedy for those who feel
a comedy for those who think.
(live it both ways)