Gem5 ransomware

gogineni kailashnath

Jun 7, 2021, 7:41:15 AM6/7/21
to gem5-g...@googlegroups.com
I am looking to simulate ransomware on gem5 to basically perform microarchitectural analysis. I want to simulate an environment where ransomware looks for files on a victim's computer and then encrypts them. I would also like to simulate screen-locker ransomware if possible but file encryption is my top priority. I have looked into other simulation environments like Cuckoo Sandbox but I am new to the field of ransomware and I am not sure if these types of sandbox software can help me analyze instruction patterns, memory access patterns, tweak the scheduler, etc. So, in summary, I am basically looking for ways to analyze the microarchitectural impact of ransomware. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!