Ohio Tech Day 9-24-21 Opportunity

Sally Garza

Sep 20, 2021, 10:40:25 AMSep 20
to GEG Ohio

I thought I would share this from one of the parents at my school.

Hello my name is Monica Ralston.

I am a part of a group of design professionals taking part in Ohio Tech Day (Next Friday).  This event is designed for HS students to learn about various careers in technology b/c all too often kids think then only jobs in tech are for programmers.  I’m not sure if you are aware of this so I wanted to at least put it on your radar.  Because I work in the design-side of technology, I wanted to share this session in case you think any of your students might be interested.

Also, we are having a hard time attracting HS kids to the event.  Is there a state organization of HS tech teachers that I could share this information with?  This would also be a great fit for anyone who teaches design thinking or something similar.

With thanks,

Monica Ralston

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As part of Ohio Tech Day on 9/24, representatives from across Ohio’s User Experience community will be hosting a 1-hour session (12-1pm)  that will include introductory information about our field.  Join us to learn about professional opportunities in user experience design such as studying how people use technology, organizing content for websites, and designing screens for mobile applications.

Did You Know?

UX design is a Top 10 Hard Skill
UX Designer is the #24 Best Job in America
There are thousands of UX job openings across Ohio. Thousands!

Representatives from several User Experience-related professional associations in Ohio and current User Experience practitioners will help you chart your career path in UX.  Come hear about:

  • Disciplines and fields of study that make up the UX profession
  • How we prepared to work in this field
  • Activities we do to define, design, and deliver good experiences
  • How our work contributes to managing customer and employee experiences

We’ll also open it up to audience participation with seasoned UX practitioners available to answer questions and tell stories. We might talk about how they got started in UX or what it is like working for some of the leading companies in Ohio.

Interested?
Register for this event - Details for the Zoom meeting will be sent to registered participants a few days before the event.

Questions?
Contact Monica Ralston

--

Sally Garza

Upper School Technology Director & Teacher

330.908.6807

lawrenceschool.org