Google Classroom Mass Invite Students

Steve Szumanski

Oct 1, 2021, 11:42:16 AMOct 1
to GEG Ohio
Hey everyone!

I wasn't sure if anyone had a solution to invite an entire school to a Google Classroom? I know Google Classroom has a 1000 student limit but we would fall under that. We've tried to send an invite to the OU group for students in Google Classroom but it bounces back an error.

Would appreciate any tips or tricks outside of manually inviting every student lol.

Chris Malanga

Oct 1, 2021, 2:19:29 PMOct 1
to GEG Ohio, Steve Szumanski
Steve,

Why not grab the invite link url in Classroom, then email it using the group email?

Logo
Chris Malanga
Educational Technologist
phone: 419-267-2544
mobile: 419-819-0089
email: mal...@northern-buckeye.org
209 Nolan Parkway
Archbold, OH 43502
Facebook icon  Twitter icon  Instagram icon

Book a virtual coaching session

Steve Szumanski

Oct 1, 2021, 2:25:06 PMOct 1
to Chris Malanga, GEG Ohio
Our hope with doing it inside of Google Classroom is that it'll then populate the Google Classroom "tile" on their Classroom screen. By doing it through email then they have to go into their email and click through the link which is just extra steps that students may not take. Wanted to try and make the process and convenient and seamless as possible for students and teachers.
--

Steve Szumanski

Instructional Technology Coach

Wyandotte Public Schools

https://sites.google.com/wy.k12.mi.us/wpstechnologycoach/home

734-759-5065

dbr...@windham-schools.org

Oct 1, 2021, 3:19:48 PMOct 1
to GEG Ohio
Have all district classroom teachers put the invite link as an announcement within each of their classrooms and have them direct students to join from there? Once students have joined in one class, they won't have to join in another. Or, have teachers within grade levels/buildings communicate with each other to determine who will post if you don't want it to be repetitive. This might be less chaotic than having students check emails.

dbr...@windham-schools.org

Oct 1, 2021, 3:26:16 PMOct 1
to GEG Ohio
From console, you can choose all students from an OU and choose email all users. That will populate users into the To: field. Click within that field, choose control a to highlight all email addresses and control c to copy.  Don't actually email the students from there.  Then move to the invite section of Classroom and see if it will allow you to paste student emails into that field and invite so that the class shows up as a tile on Classroom and students just have to click join.

Ben Groves

Oct 1, 2021, 3:31:31 PMOct 1
to Chris Malanga, GEG Ohio, Steve Szumanski

If you’re comfortable, you can also do this via GAM, as follows:

To get your course ID, you can run something like “gam print courses teacher coursetea...@school.edu”.

Note that they will be immediately added with this method and do not need to accept the invite.

Best,

Ben Groves

Owner, TechTrails

(330) 587 9890