SPARCC Virtual EdTech Conference this Friday

Eric Curts

Aug 5, 2021, 5:34:22 PMAug 5
to GEG Ohio
SPARCC is proud to host our annual Educational Technology Conference on Friday, August 6, 2021. This year the conference will be completely online and virtual with a mix of live sessions and pre-recorded sessions. This is a FREE conference for teachers, administrators, technology staff, and anyone interested in using educational technology to support teaching and learning. This is an excellent way to kick off a new school year with great ideas!

Registration is not required for the conference, but you are encouraged to register so we can keep you up to date with any changes or details as the conference approaches. You can register on the conference website at http://conference.apps.sparcc.org or directly through the Google Form linked below:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdeY42OGj5DY1lSGIoZ5lbaRG6KII7oF0INH2c3mxXLgUgR2g/viewform

If you are interested in more details about the conference, see the information below.

Live sessions:
  • We have 30 live sessions scheduled for the conference (6 sessions per time slot, with time slots at 8:00am, 9:30am, 11:00am, 12:30pm, and 2:00pm, all Eastern Standard Time.)
  • You can view the current list of live sessions at: http://conference.apps.sparcc.org/sessions
  • You are encouraged to review the sessions ahead of time to determine which live sessions you will want to join.

Joining live sessions:
  • On the day of the conference (August 6th) each session will have a Google Meet link listed.
  • Use the Google Meet link to join the sessions a few minutes before their start time.
  • The session host will let attendees into the session a few minutes before the session begins, but you can join the waiting room ahead of time by using the Google Meet links.
  • Each Google Meet has a limit of 250 attendees, so it is possible that a session may fill up.
  • During the live Google Meet please use the chat feature in Meet to ask questions of the presenter, and to share any comments you have.
  • Please keep your microphone muted and your camera turned off when in the live Google Meet unless otherwise instructed by the session presenter.

Watching the recordings later:
  • The live sessions will be recorded for later viewing, in case you are not able to join the live Google Meet, or simply wish to view the session again later.
  • Links to the recorded videos of these live sessions will be added soon after the conference is over.
  • The recordings will be available for viewing until October 31, 2021 (although some recordings may be removed sooner at the request of the presenters.)

Pre-recorded Sessions:
  • In addition to the select live sessions, we will have a large number of pre-recorded sessions available to view.
  • On the day of the conference (August 6th) each session will have a link to view the pre-recorded video of that session.
  • The recordings will be available for viewing until October 31, 2021 (although some recordings may be removed sooner at the request of the presenters.)
  • You can view a list of pre-recorded sessions at: http://conference.apps.sparcc.org/prerecorded

Session resources:
  • Each session (live and pre-recorded) also has a link to a session resource document.
  • The presenters may use that document to provide additional links, resources, and materials related to their session.

Certificates of attendance:
  • On the day of the conference (August 6th) each session (live and pre-recorded) will have a link to a Google Form for attendance.
  • After you complete the form, a PDF certificate of attendance will be generated and emailed to you for that session.

Please feel free to let others know about the SPARCC Conference. And as always, let me know if you have any questions. Take care!

Eric