Google guides for Parents - what do you need?!

Erin Fields

Jun 10, 2020, 12:57:32 PM6/10/20
to GEG Georgia USA
Hi everyone!!

We know with distance learning, Parents are more involved than ever before. We (Google EDU) are trying to develop some short parent/student guides to help them navigate Google for EDU tools to best help their student (while reducing stress). Are there any specific things you think would be helpful (i.e. how do you submit an assignment, how do you find where assignments are in Google Classroom) - what are parents struggling with?! Thanks!
  •  Erin Fields
  •  Southeast Program Manager
  •  650-933-8174
  •  erinf...@google.com

Shirley Mcdonald

Jun 12, 2020, 9:48:38 AM6/12/20
to GEG Georgia USA
Erin,
This sounds great! Parents, as well as students, need to know the basics of using Google Classroom. I look forward to using the guides with my parents/students when they are available. Perhaps you could include how to put their Google Classrooms on their bookmarks bar, so that when they click on the specific link, then they go to the Classwork page. I hope the guides are available as pdf, slides, and/or video.
Shirley