FREE Google Trainer Event Series

Erin Fields

Feb 10, 2021, 3:48:06 PM2/10/21
to May Jue
Hello everyone!!

Sorry for all the emails - lots going on with all our updates coming up next week!! (shameless plug - register here)

I know PD has been a huge pain point for many districts.  The swizzle between in person learning, distance learning, and hybrid learning has placed an additional burden on our teachers and staff.  Distance training/PD has been equally difficult.

One way to add support for teachers is to provide "champions" who can help their peers.  The Google Trainer program was developed to help teachers and instructional coaches more effectively adopt and integrate Google tools into their instruction.

In the past, I have offered free Google Trainer events, where anyone interested in becoming a Google trainer can come to the office for a day of free training to prepare for the Google Trainer Certification.  To evolve with the current climate, we have developed a Google Trainer Event Series, which consists of four one-hour virtual classes.  We hope that the one-hour commitment will be easier to accommodate.

In these training sessions, attendees will receive access to a Google Trainer site with resources, they will have an opportunity to collaborate in small groups of their peers to brainstorm, and learn best practices to conduct 1:many training sessions.

More information on the series here:

Who should attend:  Any teacher/coach who is interested in becoming a Google Trainer in the near future.  They are encouraged to have at least their Level 1 (if not Level 2) Certification, but it is not mandatory.

When:  1pm EST for 60 minute sessions on the following dates:  March 11, 18, 25, and April 1st (NOTE:  We understand that March/April are filled with spring breaks - if you need to miss a session due to a spring break conflict, that is fine!)

Please forward to any teachers/coaches that may be interested.  Admission to this series will be first come, first serve, so please get signed up soon!!

  •  Erin Fields

  •  Southeast Program Manager

  •  Google for Education

  •  650-933-8174

  •  erinf...@google.com

New! Have an idea you would like to see implemented in a Google product, share it here.
New! Want to get caught up on Google EDU updates?  Schedule time with me during my office hours.