Mail Merge Options in Gmail?

Mia Gutsell

Dec 5, 2022, 11:04:09 AM12/5/22
to GEG Chicagoland
Hi all,

I'm reaching out to all of my Google Groups / Appropriate PLN's for this question.

I have a user in my school district is very used to using Microsoft Outlook. We are switching to Gmail full time.

The user used to use a spreadsheet to mail merge emails into Outlook. Basically, the same body of text with unique information could be sent to multiple users at once.

IE

Dear UNIQUE NAME

You have completed UNIQUE CODE.

Sincerely,
Same User

I suggested creating an email template, but wanted to know if there were any other options such as features within Gmail, or Add-Ons.

Any help would be appreciated!

Melissa Cikesh

Dec 6, 2022, 8:19:39 AM12/6/22
to GEG Chicagoland
We don't use Gmail, but you can use Form Mule (Google Sheets addon) to mail merge emails. The user could complete a form with "unique name" and "unique code" and the email would generate from that user. Hope this helps!