what do you suggest for distant learning programs

anas abdelrahman

Mar 11, 2020, 3:00:55 AM3/11/20
to GEG WAGGA WAGGA

I am having a stressful time here considering which app is best for my students to fit , my students are varied in their levels and competency .
I need a mentor advice in this .classera . el-cta google hang out with google class room , zoom skype in class room  I feel I am overwhelmed .

Chris Betcher

Mar 11, 2020, 3:11:23 AM3/11/20
to GEG WAGGA WAGGA
Hi Anas,

What is your actual question?  Are you just trying to decide between using Meet, Skype or Zoom?

IMO, Meet is 100% web based, no drivers required, works on every platform using nothing but the web. It supports 100 participants (and 250 when you enable the Enterprise version which is available for free until July 1).  And if you are a G Suite school you already have it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just use that .  :-/

As always though, it's FAR less about what tool you use, and FAR more about what you do with it.   Teaching remotely requires a different set of strategies and expectations, and a rethinking of what and how you ask students to "do work".

Chris Betcher
Program Manager, G Suite Adoption

Message has been deleted