Google & Educational Administration

Michael Killmeyer

Mar 2, 2023, 2:16:44 PM3/2/23
to GEG Pennsylvania
Good afternoon fellow educators,
My name is Mike Killmeyer and I am a Regional Superintendent within the Diocese of Pittsburgh. I am looking for fellow principals and superintendents to collaborate with on how Google can be used to more efficiently complete tasks within Educational Administration.

Proposed discussion topics and scope of work: (Using Google for)

Streamlining and automating district-level processes such as:
- form submission and processing
- scheduling
- communication and collaboration
- Professional Development Clerical work (Sign in sheets, Evaluations, Act 48 processing, etc)

Increase efficiencies
- better analysis of data
- Compliance Reporting
- Teacher Supervision & Evaluation
- Professional Development content planning & delivery
- Development of helpful Templates
- Third-Party Addons

If you got this far, you might be actually interested in this so here is a little professional background on me:
I have been working in the Diocese of Pittsburgh for over 30 years. I have taught in all grade levels from Preschool through Eighth. Eleven years as a teacher, three years as a principal, and twelve years in the Diocesan Central office. Finally, Regional Superintendent for the North Hills Regional Catholic Elementary Schools since 2017.

I consider myself an advanced Google user. My specialty is Google Sheets. I love using a wide array of formulas and daisy-chaining sheets together to complete complex automated processes.
Some Sheets that I have created are:
- Teacher Requirement Calculator (Input information and it will calculate exactly how many teachers are required to staff a school.)
- Instructional Time Calculator (Input information and it will calculate exactly how many hours of instructional time are being delivered and determine compliance with PDE hours & teacher contract.)
- Various reports that automate data from Google forms
-

Some of our Google sheets also utilize some basic scripts (I would love to learn how to write more advanced scripts) I have also started using Google Data Studio and I firmly believe Data Studio has vast potential in the field of Educational Administration. We used data studio to provide our Middle States Accreditation Survey results to the Visiting Team and they were quite impressed.

The apps that we use most are Google Forms, Form Ranger (add-on), Sheets, Docs, Slides, Data Studio, and Autocrat. (Even though we do use Google groups with our 100+ teachers, I believe that we could be using it better.)

Please email mkill...@nhrces.org if you are interested in collaborating on how we can use Google to more efficiently complete tasks within Educational Administration and of course, create solutions for existing problems and ultimately benefit all.
Thanks for reading!
Mike

Michael C. Killmeyer
Regional Superintendent

t:412-837-1056
e:mkill...@nhrces.org
a:
North Hills Regional Catholic Elementary Schools
800 Avila Court, Pittsburgh, PA 15237

www.nhrces.org

Anna Hartranft

Mar 2, 2023, 2:54:44 PM3/2/23
to Michael Killmeyer, GEG Pennsylvania
Good afternoon Mike,

I would love to be included in this collaborative effort. In my day job with Schoolytics, a Google for Education partner app, I work with schools to organize and make decisions based on Google classroom data. I'm eager to learn and share ideas from my professional experience working with coaches and school leaders around the world.

Best,
Anna

Christopher McCaffrey

Mar 3, 2023, 8:32:46 AM3/3/23
to GEG Pennsylvania
Hi Mike,
I ran a session for the PASA-PSBA School Leadership conference w/ some Google Trainer colleagues (Rick Lapi & Dan Kaufmann) called "Working Smarter
not Harder w/ Google Workspace for Education." Here's the link to the slide deck that includes linked resources and video overviews of some processes we have created for our district, buildings, and teachers.
Great idea to collaborate, as I'm interested in learning more,
Chris

Chris McCaffrey
Professional Learning Coordinator | #WilsonSD
Google Certified Trainer 💻 & Coach 💪 @mccchr

t:412-837-1056
e:mkill...@nhrces.org
a: