Monitor Chrome Browser

Liliana Calantoni

Apr 9, 2021, 2:54:54 PM4/9/21
to GEG Pennsylvania
Hi, I would like to know how to monitor chrome browser for certain organizations. I would like to know what websites my students are visiting and time they spent on those sites.

Thanks in advance!

Charles Youngs

Apr 10, 2021, 9:52:54 AM4/10/21
to GEG Pennsylvania

Brad Lieberman

Apr 10, 2021, 12:45:35 PM4/10/21
to GEG Pennsylvania
Hi Liliana, for stuff like that, we access analytics through our webfilter, Securly.  It's more of a "when needed" solution versus an ongoing monitoring situation.  I'm guessing that whatever filter you are using, it will have a similar feature.

I have seen the Zoom Chrome extension that Charles mentioned, but have never used it.  I have heard that Google will be natively baking those kinds of analytics (the ones found in the extension) right into Classroom in the future.  We'll see!

Gene Carboni

Apr 11, 2021, 6:48:03 AM4/11/21
to GEG Pennsylvania
Hello Liliana,
We use GoGuardian. It is a paid service. Our teachers find it useful as a class management tool. Teachers can see their students' browsers in real time while teaching or review a Class Summary when the session is ended. There is a school wide filter but the teachers really control what goes on in their own classes with a feature called Scenes in GoGuardian. It can monitor browser use in school and at home. Your Domain Administrator can customize the filter and other features on the fly.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me with any questions. This is our 5th year using GoGuardian.

Gene

Liliana Calantoni

Apr 12, 2021, 8:15:12 AM4/12/21
to GEG Pennsylvania
Thank you everyone for your input! I kept hearing about Go Guardian and I will look into it. I was wondering if I could do it through Google Admin Settings/Reporting, etc. I do have the Gsuite Workspace (Gsuite for Education Fundamentals) and since I'm manage their google chrome settings, thought I could monitor web history remotely... is this possible?

Thanks again :)