Manage MacBooks in Google Workspce

Gene Carboni

Mar 13, 2024, 10:20:11 PMMar 13
to GEG Pennsylvania
Hello Group,
I am hoping you can help me out today. I am looking for device management suggestions for a school with Chromebooks in the lower grades and Macbooks in the upper grades.

Thanks in advance,
Gene Carboni

Michelle Bruno

Mar 13, 2024, 10:50:50 PMMar 13
to Gene Carboni, GEG Pennsylvania
What type of management are you looking for? Class storage, inventory, charging?

I teach high school and we used to have carts until we went 1:1. Now some teachers have laptop storage racks for kids who won't take theirs home. That seems to help. Many come with built in charging ports as well.

As for inventory I would assign each one a number and assign that number to a student. I would label each one with the number and the students name. If you really want to get creative you can make a slide deck with slides for each student that includes their name and classroom number. You can create a different QR code for each slide and add that to a label that says scan me to return to owner or something like that.

Gene Carboni

Mar 14, 2024, 8:13:29 AMMar 14
to GEG Pennsylvania
Hello Michelle,
The school uses Chrome OS Management with the Chromebooks. Looking for something similar for the MacBooks.

Hope that clarifies things. Someone recommended JamF for Schools. I am looking into that as well as I am not familiar with that product.

Take care,

Brad Lieberman

Mar 14, 2024, 10:06:03 AMMar 14
to GEG Pennsylvania
Hi Gene - while I have no experience myself managing MacBooks with JamF, for what it's worth, I have a handful of trusted colleagues (who know what they are doing) using JamF.

Take care,
Brad