Would you like to view more participants while you are sharing your screen and make the window showing your shared screen smaller?
What is Changing?
Google is updating Meet to provide an improved experience with updates to video feeds, the viewing and presenting experience, and the bottom bar. A few of the changes include:
- See what you are presenting while in Google Meet.
- Unpin the content you or others share to see more and larger video feeds.
- Participant names are always visible regardless of meeting size.
- Hover over your video feed for options between a tile in the grid or a floating picture.
- You can also resize, reposition, and hide it to concentrate on the call.
- Your self-view appears in the bottom right of the grid to put more video feeds at eye-level as you look into the camera.
- Leave call button is moved away from the microphone and camera buttons to prevent accidental call hang-ups.
When Will I See the Update?
During the first half of May, Google will be rolling out updates to Meet. When you receive the update, you will see a banner before joining a call that says “Meet has a new look” when this refreshed the new user interface will be enabled.
Remove Grid View Extensions
Use of Chrome extensions (including the Grid View extension) could impact your experience. Uninstalling
any extensions that interact with Google Meet could resolve this.