New Deskside Support Tech Using Google

Justin Ridgers

Sep 23, 2021, 3:14:21 PMSep 23
to GEG Pennsylvania
I'm a new Deskside Support Tech for a school district. I've not used Google services/products before and want to be able to support my teachers the best way that I can. I'm currently taking Fundamentals training to study for the Google Educators 1 test. Is there anything as another Tech or as a teacher that you would recommend I know or resources to look into?

Megan Swope

Sep 24, 2021, 6:42:42 AMSep 24
to GEG Pennsylvania
Hi there! There are a TON of resources out there.  As a start, we've collated a bunch of training resources on a variety of ed tech products (including Google Workspace for Education ones) on our district ed tech website, which you can check out here.  I would encourage you to take note of the authors of many of these resources, including ShakeUp Learning (Kasey Bell), Ditch That Textbook (Matt Miller), Control Alt Archive (Eric Curts), and more. Those are the people I would encourage you to follow on Twitter and to subscribe to newsletters via their websites.

Good luck!

-Megan Swope

Justin Ridgers

Sep 24, 2021, 8:15:40 AMSep 24
to GEG Pennsylvania
Thank you so much! This will be a great start!

Cynthia Hyland

Sep 24, 2021, 8:26:04 AMSep 24
to GEG Pennsylvania
Thank you Megan,
I just shared with our Tech Team.. we are starting something similar for resources, this is a good inspiration

Cynthia