Problem with cross-compilation. Target: utilite

Theodotos Andreou

Jun 14, 2015, 7:50:52 AM6/14/15
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am trying to build geexbox for utilite. My build station is Ubuntu 15.04, 64 bit. I am using the config file found in the utilite tarball.

At first I was getting errors like that is could find "colophon" and "cygnus" programs in the files 'bfd.texinfo' and 'ld.texinfo'. I fixed this by replacing all occurrences of @colophon and  @cygnus with @@colophon and @@cygnus.

But now I am stuck again.

Can you have a look at the errors and give me some guidance?

http://pastebin.com/jcW4eCeT

Thomas Genty

Jun 14, 2015, 8:35:50 AM6/14/15
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com
Le 14/06/2015 13:50, Theodotos Andreou a écrit :
> Hi all,

Hello
After a quick look :
you try to compile binutils-2.22.51.0.1
but our version is 2.25
https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks/blob/master/packages/misc/binutils/meta

please, be sure you are using openbricks ' git repo located here :
https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks, clone it,
then use master branch to build xbmc or devel for kodi
you have already defconfig files ready for that
master branch :
./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-xbmc-imx6-utilite
make

devel branch :
git checkout devel
./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-kodi-imx6-utilite
make

note that devel branch should be merged in master branch soon.

Cheers !

Tom

Theodotos Andreou

Jun 15, 2015, 3:45:50 AM6/15/15
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com, toml...@openbricks.org

After a quick look :
you try to compile binutils-2.22.51.0.1
but our version is 2.25
https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks/blob/master/packages/misc/binutils/meta

please, be sure you are using openbricks ' git repo located here :
https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks, clone it,
then use master branch to build xbmc or devel for kodi
you have already defconfig files ready for that
master branch :
./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-xbmc-imx6-utilite
make

devel branch :
git checkout devel
./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-kodi-imx6-utilite
make

note that devel branch should be merged in master branch soon.

Cheers !

Tom

Thanks for the guidance, Tom. After endless hours of compiling everything, it now works fine.

One more question. Will it make any significant difference in performance, if I choose "speed" instead of "normal" in the optimization options?

toml...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2015, 5:56:29 AM6/15/15
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com
Le 15/06/2015 09:45, Theodotos Andreou a écrit :

Hello,
> After a quick look :
> you try to compile binutils-2.22.51.0.1
> but our version is 2.25
> https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks/blob/master/packages/misc/binutils/meta
> <https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks/blob/master/packages/misc/binutils/meta>
>

> please, be sure you are using openbricks ' git repo located here :
> https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks
> <https://github.com/OpenBricks/openbricks>, clone it,
> then use master branch to build xbmc or devel for kodi
> you have already defconfig files ready for that
> master branch :
> ./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-xbmc-imx6-utilite
> make
>
> devel branch :
> git checkout devel
> ./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-kodi-imx6-utilite
> make
>
> note that devel branch should be merged in master branch soon.
>
> Cheers !
>
> Tom
>

> Thanks for the guidance, Tom. After endless hours of compiling
> everything, it now works fine.
>
> One more question. Will it make any significant difference in
> performance, if I choose "speed" instead of "normal" in the optimization
> options?
good question !
To be honest, I didn't test it since ages.
It should work and increase a little speed but some packages won't be
(maybe) built correctly.
Now, you can try, but you have to rebuild everything from scratch.

make quickclean
make xconfig
change what you want
make

Cheers !

Tom

> --

www.geexbox.org
mailto:toml...@openbricks.org

Theodotos Andreou

Jun 15, 2015, 9:09:08 AM6/15/15
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com
good question !
To be honest, I didn't test it since ages.
It should work and increase a little speed but some packages won't be
(maybe) built correctly.
Now, you can try, but you have to rebuild everything from scratch.

make quickclean
make xconfig
change what you want
make