xbmc/kodi no font rendering on target RBP

cedricpaille

Feb 13, 2017, 4:05:26 PM2/13/17
to GeeXboX Development List
Hi,

I successfully built Geexbox with Openbricks for Raspberry pi, all is working fine, but I have no text rendering on Kodi or xbmc. Is there a required dependency for that ?
I've enabled EGL/GLES and openmax...
Any hints ?

Regards.

toml...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 1:31:16 AM2/14/17
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com
Le 13/02/2017 à 22:05, cedricpaille a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi Cedric,

> I successfully built Geexbox with Openbricks for Raspberry pi, all is
> working fine, but I have no text rendering on Kodi or xbmc. Is there a
> required dependency for that ?
> I've enabled EGL/GLES and openmax...

Hum, how did you achieve that ?
you can enable some settings using : make menuconfig (or make xconfig)
But if you are starting with openbricks, the best things to do is to use
one of our defconfig file :
ie call
"./scripts/loadcfg list" for a list
"./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-kodi-bcm2708-raspberrypi"
or
"./scripts/loadcfg geexbox-kodi-bcm2709-raspberrypi2"

then do make

Cheers !

> Any hints ?
>
> Regards.

toml...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 1:43:54 AM2/14/17
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com
Le 14/02/2017 à 07:31, toml...@gmail.com a écrit :

Hi,

> Cheers !
>
>> Any hints ?
You can diff between your actual config and the defconfig you want to
use to know what was the problem

Your actual config is located here :
build/build.host/kconfig-frontends-3.12.0.0/.config
and defconfig here : config/defconfigs/geexbox-kodi-bcm2708-raspberrypi.conf

Cheers !

cedricpaille

Feb 14, 2017, 4:03:22 AM2/14/17
to GeeXboX Development List
Thank you, that what I'm gonna do.
I use a custom (very light configuration) and not the defconfig one.

Regards,

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 7:43:54 AM UTC+1, tomlohave tomlohave wrote:
Le 14/02/2017 à 07:31, toml...@gmail.com a écrit :

Hi,

> Cheers !
>
>> Any hints ?
You can diff between your actual config and the defconfig you want to
use to know what was the problem

Your actual config is located here :
build/build.host/kconfig-frontends-3.12.0.0/.config
and defconfig here : config/defconfigs/geexbox-kodi-bcm2708-raspberrypi.conf

Cheers !

>> Regards.

cedricpaille

Feb 14, 2017, 8:31:01 AM2/14/17
to GeeXboX Development List
I think I have an idea, I can read that in the log :
ERROR: GetConverter: iconv_open() for "UTF-8" -> "UTF-32LE" failed, errno = 22 (Invalid argument)
As i'm using eglibc, I think this is the issue.
Full rebuild with glibc is in progress...

r.i...@s-t.de

Feb 14, 2017, 9:57:35 AM2/14/17
to GeeXboX Development List
Or some of the (e)glibc-gconv-* packages is missing.

cedricpaille

Feb 15, 2017, 9:03:01 AM2/15/17
to GeeXboX Development List
It was indeed a missing directory (/usr/lib/gconv), working now,
Thank you