version 3.1 of GeeXbox

Thomas Genty

Oct 31, 2013, 6:01:49 AM10/31/13
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm building 3.1 version for i386 and maybe x86-64
Nikolaev is building for a10
Who wants to help for cubox, utilite and rpi ?

Tom

Shayan

Dec 21, 2013, 6:05:21 PM12/21/13
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com, toml...@openbricks.org
Hi, I want to install RPI please help me,

Thanks,

stefan fiala

Feb 12, 2014, 12:27:55 PM2/12/14
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com, toml...@openbricks.org
I built a Version 3.1 from the git repo.(tag 3.1) for a cubieboad (geexbox, arm a10, xbmc)
Found 2 issues:-
(1) After a make clean a make fails complaining about a missing
  build/build.cubieboard.eglibc/systemd-206/.install/usr/bin/udevadm
  I got by with a symlink to .install/bin/udevadm
  I hunted thru the udevadm setup to try and find where it wanted usr
  but got lost and gave up.
(2) There's no menu (packages->libs) option for dvbhdhomerun (there is one
  for libdvbhdhomerun that dvbhdhomerun depends on). I modified the packages/dvbhdhomerun/meta
  as the text was also incorrect (refering to the library not the modules) this triggered
  a menu rebuild and the option now appeared. I went thru adding-a-new-package anyway.
This worked for me.
If you want me to test fixes let me know (If you have suggestions for getting an
A20 (as opposed to A10) build let me know, I'm overlaying to get by this right now.

toml...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2014, 2:26:48 PM2/12/14
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com, openbric...@googlegroups.com
Le 12/02/2014 18:27, stefan fiala a écrit :

Hello,
I built a Version 3.1 from the git repo.(tag 3.1) for a cubieboad (geexbox, arm a10, xbmc)
Found 2 issues:-
(1) After a make clean a make fails complaining about a missing
  build/build.cubieboard.eglibc/systemd-206/.install/usr/bin/udevadm
  I got by with a symlink to .install/bin/udevadm
I think this one is already corrected in devel
  I hunted thru the udevadm setup to try and find where it wanted usr
  but got lost and gave up.
(2) There's no menu (packages->libs) option for dvbhdhomerun (there is one
  for libdvbhdhomerun that dvbhdhomerun depends on). I modified the packages/dvbhdhomerun/meta
  as the text was also incorrect (refering to the library not the modules) this triggered
  a menu rebuild and the option now appeared. I went thru adding-a-new-package anyway.
Please submit a patch for this one.

This worked for me.
If you want me to test fixes let me know (If you have suggestions for getting an
A20 (as opposed to A10) build let me know, I'm overlaying to get by this right now.
hum , I have a change for this (taken from another tree)
Maybe I can submit it tomorrow.

CC devel on openbricks, please, subscribe on this list and post here.

Tom

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:01:49 AM UTC-6, tomlohave tomlohave wrote:
Hi,

I'm building 3.1 version for i386 and maybe x86-64
Nikolaev is building for a10
Who wants to help for cubox, utilite and rpi ?

Tom

www.geexbox.org
mailto:toml...@openbricks.org

stefan...@comcast.net

Feb 12, 2014, 3:23:47 PM2/12/14
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com, openbric...@googlegroups.com, stefan fiala
(1)Whats the git-speak for "devel" where udevadm is fixed?.
(2)If you have an A20(A7)/CB2 candidate tree point em at it and I'll try and build/test.
     [That also have the (1) fix? [2 birds 1 stone..].
(3)I'll roll a patch for the *hdhomerun issue.

Thanx.. (or is that merci?)
Stefan

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GeeXboX Development List" group.

Thomas Genty

stefan fiala

Feb 25, 2014, 1:04:45 PM2/25/14
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com, toml...@openbricks.org
Can you direct me to a git [version, commit, branch] where its likely that an a20/xbmc[cubieboard2,cubietruck,olinuxino..] would build?.
I've been using an openpctv+cubietruck from end of November 2013, but its (1)a bit stale, (2)has xbmc issues. It seems geexbox is a bit more up to date and now has a possible a20 config and may not suffer the same xbmc issues. I suspect an issue with xbmc+dlna+hdhomerun(curl related) that I'd like to avoid that occurs somewhere in frodo [but I dont exactly know where]. I want a base build so I can find a fix.
If you do regular test-builds, the last one of those that built and appeared to work [a20+xbmc] would do.