Subtitles support for GstPlayer

Nicolas

May 18, 2013, 4:47:39 AM5/18/13
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just finished a patch that add subtitles support to GstPlayer.

This patch uses XBMC subtitles finder and DVDPlayer subtitles parser/overlay to display it. I thought that way it would be easier to integrate seamlessly with XBMC.

Currently it only support external subtitle. No support for embedded subtitles inside a container. Also VobSub (.idx/.sub pair) are not supported

As I am new to XBMC and GStreamer i'd be glad if anyone can review my code to check i didn't miss something.

Any tests and feedbacks are welcome!

Cheers.
gstplayer-subtitles.diff

Thomas Genty

May 18, 2013, 10:15:21 AM5/18/13
to geexbo...@googlegroups.com
Le 18/05/2013 10:47, Nicolas a �crit :
> Hi,

Hello,
> I just finished a patch that add subtitles support to GstPlayer.
nice feature ;-)

> This patch uses XBMC subtitles finder and DVDPlayer subtitles
> parser/overlay to display it. I thought that way it would be easier to
> integrate seamlessly with XBMC.
>
> Currently it only support external subtitle. No support for embedded
> subtitles inside a container. Also VobSub (.idx/.sub pair) are not
> supported
>
> As I am new to XBMC and GStreamer i'd be glad if anyone can review my
> code to check i didn't miss something.
>
> Any tests and feedbacks are welcome!
I have tested it with E-D. it works out of the box
Many Thanks

Applied.

Regards

Tom