What's Next?

Dave Colwell

Jan 13, 2012, 1:37:50 PM1/13/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
We've finished the Stanford online AI class and are starting to plan what to work on next.  Some ideas include:
- Finish the Seven Languages in Seven Weeks book
- Dig into other JVM languages, including Scala and Ceylon
- Arduino development
- Stanford's Machine Learning class, which starts within the next couple of weeks.

Please post if you have other ideas.  Half the fun of book club is digging in together!

Dave

Grant Rettke

Jan 13, 2012, 2:06:54 PM1/13/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Dave Colwell <dcol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please post if you have other ideas.  Half the fun of book club is digging
> in together!

Scheme.

Caleb Madrigal

Jan 13, 2012, 3:05:34 PM1/13/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com, geekbo...@googlegroups.com
I would be up for scheme.

Caleb

Dave Colwell

Jan 16, 2012, 1:20:28 PM1/16/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
Stanford is also offering a class on Technology Entrepreneurship starting January 23 that I'm considering.  I'm currently reading the Isaacson book on Steve Jobs.  It has me wondering (yet again) how we might take some our cool studies at GBC and turn them into something bigger.