Class Delay

Dave Colwell

Jan 23, 2012, 9:47:52 AM1/23/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
The Stanford "Technology Entrepreneurship" class was supposed to start today, but has been delayed for a few weeks.  An email from the class staffing assures us that "the course is looking great, and we're thrilled that over 67,000 of you have signed up." I guess I'll have the chance to start putzing around with my new Arduino projects book.

Dave

Caleb Madrigal

Jan 23, 2012, 11:27:01 AM1/23/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of Arduino, I'm also really interested in playing with the
Raspberry Pi (once I can order one). It could make a great platform
for robotics. From my understanding, you can interact with the
general purpose IOs through files (the unix way). Something really
nice about that, is that you can write your code an any language :)

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/500

Dave Colwell

Jan 23, 2012, 1:47:54 PM1/23/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
Scott had sent me a link to an ArsTechmica article about the Raspberry Pi the week before last.  I'm blown away by the $35 price tag, given that it includes HDMI, USB, and Ethernet.

Caleb Madrigal

Jan 23, 2012, 2:31:47 PM1/23/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
Ya, I'm definitely planning to buy one as soon as they are available.

Grant Rettke

Jan 23, 2012, 2:40:49 PM1/23/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
Does it come with an OS and libs to drive those ports?

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Dave Colwell <dcol...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
ACM, AMA, COG, IEEE

Scott Carlson

Jan 23, 2012, 2:49:30 PM1/23/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
It's not like an Arduino. "Debian, Fedora and ArchLinux will be supported from the start"