Stanford/Coursera ML class starting April 23

mkrajnak

Apr 20, 2012, 10:18:17 AM4/20/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
The page for signing up is here:

https://www.coursera.org/course/ml

Mike

Caleb Madrigal

Apr 20, 2012, 12:35:31 PM4/20/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good.  I just signed up.  You can already watch some of the videos on http://www.ml-class.org/course/video/list

Caleb

Dave Colwell

Apr 21, 2012, 5:37:15 PM4/21/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'm signed up.  Should be a really fun class!

Caleb Madrigal

Apr 23, 2012, 1:27:04 PM4/23/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
Are you guys planning to meet this Friday?

Caleb Madrigal

Apr 23, 2012, 1:28:31 PM4/23/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
Never mind, I just saw the "Next Meeting" item on the homepage :)  I'll try to be there.

Caleb Madrigal

May 4, 2012, 3:50:50 PM5/4/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
This quote makes me feel good about taking the ML class:

"The success of companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Netflix, not to mention Wall Street firms and industries from manufacturing and retail to healthcare, is increasingly driven by better tools for extracting meaning from very large quantities of data. 'Data Scientist' is now the hottest job title in Silicon Valley."

– Tim O'Reilly

Although, I should note, that this quote (by Tim O'Reilly) is on the O'Reilly store page where they are selling Data Science books, which is very convenient :)

http://shop.oreilly.com/category/get/data-science-kit.do

Grant Rettke

May 4, 2012, 3:59:35 PM5/4/12
to geekbo...@googlegroups.com
You guys are "hot" in an I.T. sense. lol :)
--
http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
ACM, AMA, COG, IEEE