Version 3.1 (build 2)

John Nairn, Developer

Feb 19, 2024, 7:59:19 PMFeb 19
to GEDitCOM II Discussions
I just posted official release of GEDitCOM II, version 3.1. Although it is called "build 2," it is the first posted version 3.1 (build 1 was only made available for some readers of this discussion group). This version was built and tested in MacOS Sonoma and requires MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer.

Many little changes are in the "What's New" topic of the Help window. One change is to be "smarter" about opening windows. I found myself having too many open record browsers. This new version keeps record browser windows to a minimum. Some documentation in help lets you revert to old style if you want (or just hold down option key whenever you want more windows to open).

I also added more options for internal scripting and the Web Site export script was rewritten as an internal script using those new options. the new web site export is much faster and includes more multimedia that was ignored before.

Note: You might need to refresh you browser on geditcom.com to make sure you are seeing the latest posting.

John Nairn