Issue with GEDCOM validation

Richard Blake

Jan 27, 2024, 7:06:51 AMJan 27
to GEDitCOM II Discussions
Just noticed a minor issue with GEDCOM validation.

If I set the restriction on a residence fact to 'privacy' I get an error when I run 'Validate GEDCOM Data...'.
  • INDI.RESI.RESN with value 'privacy' is an invalid GEDCOM tag at this location.
This is a valid record in GEDCOM.

Regards, Richards

John Nairn

Jan 27, 2024, 7:12:54 PMJan 27
to geditcom-ii...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I added RESN in some new places allowed in GEDCOM 5.5.1, but forgot that one. GEDitCOM II will still read and use it. The next version (posting soon) will have it fixed.

John Nairn