New Version Posted

21 views
Skip to first unread message

John Nairn, Developer

unread,
Apr 9, 2021, 11:55:04 PM4/9/21
to GEDitCOM II Discussions
I just posted GEDitCOM II version 2.7, build 3. The only change was to fix an issue that could crash if a window was closed while it was in the middle of loading html content (from a web site of entered into notes). It is possible this fix will solve other instabilities noticed on this list. Post a message if any issues remain.

This new version was also compiled and tested on a Mac with M1 chip and Big Sur MacOS.

theboo...@gmail.com

unread,
Apr 10, 2021, 1:45:22 PM4/10/21
to GEDitCOM II Discussions
Thanks, John.

A minor-ish hiccup?

I downloaded the update, using the Build 3 link on the web site, and installed it According to 'File info' in FInder, it was created at 12.57pm on 9 April although I don't know whether that's Australian time, or your time.

Anyway, it still shows, on the opening screen and on 'About GCII', as build 2 and each time I open it I get a warning that an updated version is available.

Best

Mick

John Nairn

unread,
Apr 10, 2021, 10:48:59 PM4/10/21
to geditcom-ii...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I noticed that error. I told it to be build 3, but I must not have found the right setting to get into the new version. I will try to upload again (but it takes a couple of hours to create an upload with all the requirements Apple places on such files). In the meantime, I changed small file GEDitCOM II reads to check for updates to say lates is build 2. That was needed to make sure you do not get told every time that a new version is available.

But to be clear, the current download is an upgrade (even though it still reports it is build 3).

John

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GEDitCOM II Discussions" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to geditcom-ii-discu...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/geditcom-ii-discussions/125667e6-8bbc-47f4-843b-ea4ef6140e10n%40googlegroups.com.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages