Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
GEDitCOM II Discussions
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
GEDitCOM II Discussions
1–30 of 640
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Richard Blake
,
John Nairn
3
Sep 29
Issues with multimedia report?
Thanks John That makes sense. I'll take a look at restructuring my data. Richard On Tuesday, 29
unread,
Issues with multimedia report?
Thanks John That makes sense. I'll take a look at restructuring my data. Richard On Tuesday, 29
Sep 29
John Nairn, Developer
, …
Richard Blake
4
Sep 29
New Version Update
27.0 here. On Tuesday, 29 September 2026 at 15:29:29 UTC+1 sue.ah...@gmail.com wrote: I'm using
unread,
New Version Update
27.0 here. On Tuesday, 29 September 2026 at 15:29:29 UTC+1 sue.ah...@gmail.com wrote: I'm using
Sep 29
Richard Blake
, …
John Nairn, Developer
12
Sep 25
Issues with links in reports in MacOS 27
I have "click at the end" bug fixed now. I was wrong above, I actually was appending a
unread,
Issues with links in reports in MacOS 27
I have "click at the end" bug fixed now. I was wrong above, I actually was appending a
Sep 25
Phyllis
,
Richard Blake
3
Aug 27
Maps
Thank you so much Richard. That is perfect. Phyllis On 27 Aug 2026, at 17:50, Richard Blake <
unread,
Maps
Thank you so much Richard. That is perfect. Phyllis On 27 Aug 2026, at 17:50, Richard Blake <
Aug 27
John Nairn, Developer
, …
Richard Blake
20
Jul 28
GEDitMobile iPhone App
It seems to be back. It did disappear for a while though. On Friday, 3 July 2026 at 01:22:26 UTC+1
unread,
GEDitMobile iPhone App
It seems to be back. It did disappear for a while though. On Friday, 3 July 2026 at 01:22:26 UTC+1
Jul 28
Richard Blake
, …
John Nairn, Developer
3
Jun 1
Issues with SDN values
I had another look for an improvement. I was able to insert a special case for dates that are just an
unread,
Issues with SDN values
I had another look for an improvement. I was able to insert a special case for dates that are just an
Jun 1
theboo...@gmail.com
May 31
UI Issue
Since updating Tahoe to 26.3 (now 26.4) on my M1 MacBook Pro, I've had a bit of glitch. When I
unread,
UI Issue
Since updating Tahoe to 26.3 (now 26.4) on my M1 MacBook Pro, I've had a bit of glitch. When I
May 31
theboo...@gmail.com
,
Jim Eggert
7
May 22
AI script creation
Thanks, Jim. Never thought of that. You're right. The siblings show as isolated individuals. So I
unread,
AI script creation
Thanks, Jim. Never thought of that. You're right. The siblings show as isolated individuals. So I
May 22
Jim Eggert
, …
theboo...@gmail.com
16
May 21
AI and GEDitCOM II scripts
Great stuff, Richard. It's early days all right. I am so glad Jim raised it at the start of this
unread,
AI and GEDitCOM II scripts
Great stuff, Richard. It's early days all right. I am so glad Jim raised it at the start of this
May 21
Kevin Gartner
May 10
Re: Digest for geditcom-ii-discussions@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic
And Place Advisor is online again. Kevin Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer On Sun, May 10, 2026
unread,
Re: Digest for geditcom-ii-discussions@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic
And Place Advisor is online again. Kevin Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer On Sun, May 10, 2026
May 10
John Nairn, Developer
May 9
GEDitCOM II 3.4b3
I posted build 3 on May 6th that fixed the bad "blank screen" error in build 2. I thought I
unread,
GEDitCOM II 3.4b3
I posted build 3 on May 6th that fixed the bad "blank screen" error in build 2. I thought I
May 9
John Nairn, Developer
, …
Nigel Garvey
8
May 6
New Posting GEDitCOM II 3.4b2
Yep. That's cured it. Thanks, John. NG On 6 May 2026, at 18:32, afb...@cox.net <arthurfbowie@
unread,
New Posting GEDitCOM II 3.4b2
Yep. That's cured it. Thanks, John. NG On 6 May 2026, at 18:32, afb...@cox.net <arthurfbowie@
May 6
John Nairn, Developer
May 4
Problem Double Clicking a File to Open GEDitCOM II
Some have seen warning that file cannot be opened because it has more than 1000 individuals, but only
unread,
Problem Double Clicking a File to Open GEDitCOM II
Some have seen warning that file cannot be opened because it has more than 1000 individuals, but only
May 4
theboo...@gmail.com
May 3
Report miscounting
I just noticed that the Descendants Outline Report miscounts the number of descendants by two. It
unread,
Report miscounting
I just noticed that the Descendants Outline Report miscounts the number of descendants by two. It
May 3
John Nairn, Developer
, …
Richard Blake
10
May 3
GEDitCOM II version 3.4 just posted
In case it helps, I am seeing the same. GEDitCOMII is closed and I double click on a GEDPKG file. I
unread,
GEDitCOM II version 3.4 just posted
In case it helps, I am seeing the same. GEDitCOMII is closed and I double click on a GEDPKG file. I
May 3
Richard Blake
,
theboo...@gmail.com
2
May 2
Saving search criteria
Yes indeed. I've often wished for that feature. Mick On Saturday, 2 May 2026 at 02:57:57 UTC+10
unread,
Saving search criteria
Yes indeed. I've often wished for that feature. Mick On Saturday, 2 May 2026 at 02:57:57 UTC+10
May 2
Richard Blake
, …
Jim Eggert
7
Apr 28
Viewing records with a specific TYPE
I wonder if you can do this already with a search, at least kinda sorta. Try doing a search with
unread,
Viewing records with a specific TYPE
I wonder if you can do this already with a search, at least kinda sorta. Try doing a search with
Apr 28
John Nairn, Developer
Apr 28
Place Advisor Outage
It seems Place Advisor window in GEDitCOM II is currently not able to connect to the Place Advisor
unread,
Place Advisor Outage
It seems Place Advisor window in GEDitCOM II is currently not able to connect to the Place Advisor
Apr 28
Richard Blake
,
John Nairn, Developer
3
Apr 24
Importing GEDCOM file in a script
Hi John That's great. Looking forward to testing it. Richard On 24 Apr 2026, at 15:04, John Nairn
unread,
Importing GEDCOM file in a script
Hi John That's great. Looking forward to testing it. Richard On 24 Apr 2026, at 15:04, John Nairn
Apr 24
Jay Fletcher
,
John Nairn, Developer
4
Apr 24
merge with record command
That's awesome. I look forward to it. Thank you, John! Jay On Friday, April 24, 2026 at 7:10:19
unread,
merge with record command
That's awesome. I look forward to it. Thank you, John! Jay On Friday, April 24, 2026 at 7:10:19
Apr 24
sue.ah...@gmail.com
,
John Nairn, Developer
5
Apr 22
Problem with some relationship charts
Thanks, John, that's great. Sue On Wed, 22 Apr 2026, 14:06 John Nairn, Developer, <john@
unread,
Problem with some relationship charts
Thanks, John, that's great. Sue On Wed, 22 Apr 2026, 14:06 John Nairn, Developer, <john@
Apr 22
Richard Rozon
, …
William G. Bates
3
Apr 15
Partial merger or moving only a small number of individuals from one file to an other.
John, I have done a considerable amount of merging and have found that it goes gread IF all the
unread,
Partial merger or moving only a small number of individuals from one file to an other.
John, I have done a considerable amount of merging and have found that it goes gread IF all the
Apr 15
theboo...@gmail.com
, …
John Nairn, Developer
6
Apr 14
Layout bug?
I just found the coding problem too. It was caused by recent changes I had to make to to fix cosmetic
unread,
Layout bug?
I just found the coding problem too. It was caused by recent changes I had to make to to fix cosmetic
Apr 14
Richard Rozon
,
John Nairn, Developer
2
Apr 14
Merging files.
Merging files is complicated and depends a lot on where you got the two files. The challenge is
unread,
Merging files.
Merging files is complicated and depends a lot on where you got the two files. The challenge is
Apr 14
John Nairn, Developer
, …
theboo...@gmail.com
4
Feb 18
Update Default Format
Hi John, I had a look at the Consolidated format and found an issue, I think. I've been playing
unread,
Update Default Format
Hi John, I had a look at the Consolidated format and found an issue, I think. I've been playing
Feb 18
William G. Bates
,
John Nairn, Developer
5
Jan 21
Generations report
I did not ee you reply until today (it seems I don't always get emails about new postings). The
unread,
Generations report
I did not ee you reply until today (it seems I don't always get emails about new postings). The
Jan 21
wki...@gmail.com
, …
John Nairn, Developer
5
Jan 5
Merge Records error
I think that I installed it in about 3 different places but it did finally work. Thanks! —Bill On Jan
unread,
Merge Records error
I think that I installed it in about 3 different places but it did finally work. Thanks! —Bill On Jan
Jan 5
John Nairn, Developer
, …
John Nairn
3
12/24/25
Posted Version 3.3, build 2
I wish I had a better way for users to update personal formats. You text diff is probably the best
unread,
Posted Version 3.3, build 2
I wish I had a better way for users to update personal formats. You text diff is probably the best
12/24/25
Jim Eggert
,
John Nairn
2
12/15/25
GEDitCOM II UI glitches in macOS Tahoe 26.2
I am finding more Tahoe issues (so far I think all cosmetic) and working on fixes. A lot have been
unread,
GEDitCOM II UI glitches in macOS Tahoe 26.2
I am finding more Tahoe issues (so far I think all cosmetic) and working on fixes. A lot have been
12/15/25
theboo...@gmail.com
, …
John Nairn
6
11/29/25
Sorting Events
Seems to work, John. Thanks very much Mick On Sunday, 30 November 2025 at 08:30:33 UTC+10 John Nairn,
unread,
Sorting Events
Seems to work, John. Thanks very much Mick On Sunday, 30 November 2025 at 08:30:33 UTC+10 John Nairn,
11/29/25