geddy realtime socket.io dependency

Vishi

Nov 2, 2014, 8:20:05 AM11/2/14
to ged...@googlegroups.com
Just so that everyone is aware, realtime in geddy version 13.0.7 doesn't work with socket.io version 1.2.0. i.e. latest versions as of today are not compatible for some reason

I had to downgrade socket.io to get it working. This works
>geddy -v
13.0.7

  "name": "socket.io",
  "version": "0.8.7",

Matthew Eernisse

Nov 6, 2014, 2:04:47 PM11/6/14
to ged...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up. We would really like to rip that RT support out, and replace it with something more modular.

--
The official community discussion group.
website: geddyjs.org, source: https://github.com/mde/geddy, group: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/geddyjs?hl=en

Vishi

Nov 7, 2014, 2:38:39 AM11/7/14
to ged...@googlegroups.com
so whats the idea? what do you mean by something more modular ?

Matthew Eernisse

Nov 7, 2014, 8:37:48 PM11/7/14
to ged...@googlegroups.com
I mean possibly making it something you install optionally with a generator, similar to the way we handle auth, instead of making it a hard dependency, and having a completely separate set of templates with only a few code changes in them.

Vishi

Nov 8, 2014, 7:45:27 PM11/8/14
to ged...@googlegroups.com
ok I shall dig deeper.

This wiki page (https://github.com/geddy/geddy/wiki/Realtime-and-MVC) mentions that real time works out of the box for additions, updates and removals. However I could only get it to work for additions. Removal (deleting) is not reflected on the index page opened in another browser window, for example.
Do you know if this is a bug, or is something playing up with the incompatible versions ?
How can I get the index page to update for addition, update and removal?