Is it possible to enable Keep Alive on geddy

Neil D’Souza

Feb 21, 2017, 6:00:27 AM2/21/17
to GeddyJS
We have an app built using geddy. Is it possible to enable keep alive using some geddy module?

Many Thanks,
Neil

Matthew Eernisse

Feb 28, 2017, 12:03:49 PM2/28/17
to GeddyJS
HTTP keepalive should just work out of the box. That's handled by Node's `http` module, not by the framework.

The only impact I can think of for HTTP keepalive might be during graceful shutdown, where this Node bug might come into play:

But IIRC we wrote the shutdown code to refuse further requests, and eventually shut down the Node process when all are serviced, so it might not impact Geddy applications at all.

Hope that helps.

Neil D’Souza

Mar 9, 2017, 2:10:54 AM3/9/17
to ged...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much for your reply.

Kind Regards,
Neil

--
The official community discussion group.
website: geddyjs.org, source: https://github.com/mde/geddy, group: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/geddyjs?hl=en