Doing variable selection outside IntVarBranch

Kish Shen

Jul 9, 2021, 11:19:25 AM7/9/21
to gec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks Mikael for quickly resolving the domain issue.

The reason I was looking at the Gecode documentation was to see if I
can do this:

Are all the IntVarBranch selection done using an IntVarMerit method?
If so, is there anyway to use these methods to get the merit for a
variable for a pre-existing IntVarBranch method?

The context is that in ECLiPSe's interface to Gecode, the user can do
search in ECLiPSe, and we provide a variable selection method at the
ECLiPSe level, where we compute the merit for an IntVar in our
GecodeSpace for each selection method ourselves. Branching is done at
the ECLiPSe level,

As most of our selection methods correspond to those provided by
IntVarBranch, It seems if we can move the computation of the merit
into Gecode.

Thanks and cheers,

Kish

.