When will the next version be released?

ZoharI

Apr 21, 2022, 8:29:47 AM4/21/22
to Gecode
Hi,

I am very new in Gecode, just recently started reading the documentation and considering using it in some organization. I don't have any technical problem with using version 6.2.0, it is just that it's 3 years old and this organization likes newer open source libraries versions as a rule.

Is there an estimation for the next release date?

Thanks,
Zohar

Mikael Zayenz Lagerkvist

Apr 22, 2022, 8:08:55 AM4/22/22
to Gecode
Hi,

We are aware of the unfortunate state of not having made a release for a long while. We have had a release branch for 6.3.0 that we think is generally stable and ready for a long time (which is also used in the MiniZinc IDE). You can definitely use that if you want to get all the recent fixes.

There are several complications in making the release at this moment, but we are hoping to get it done sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, we have no time-lime that we can commit to at this time.

Cheers,
Mikael

ZoharI

Apr 25, 2022, 1:20:07 AM4/25/22