March Events

Kyle Conrad

Mar 4, 2012, 8:34:00 PM3/4/12
to GEC...@googlegroups.com
 Hello everyone,

I hope all your Spring Break assignments and tests aren't giving you too much of a headache, just remember the break is almost here!

The GEC is still trucking along however, and we want to let you know about these opportunities!

First off, tomorrow, Monday March 5th, is our meeting at noon, in Plant Sciences, E008. Matt Camper will be giving a presentation on the amazing history of Bedbugs. You'll learn just how close a relationship we really have! We'll conclude the meeting with some excitement as lucky volunteers, Heather Hawkins and Corinna Peters, will be offering up their blood to Matt and Terri's bedbug colonies and getting their very own famous Bed Bug Tattoos!

We also received a last minute outreach event that will be at 4pm (for a 5-6 program), at the University Village, Wednesday March 14th (during break). Our zoo and cockroach races will be heading over to educate to children and their families and make their break more exciting as well. If you are interested in helping out reply to the post on our Facebook group or email me at kr...@rams.colostate.edu.

Also, keep an eye out as a couple more volunteer opportunities for later in March are in the works, including high school classroom visits and preschool visits.

I would also like to remind everyone that we are in full swing planning our Bug Bash in April to celebrate our Centennial some more, if you are interested in helping please email Stephanie Szostek, our treasurer who is also heading up the committee, at stephani...@gmail.com.