Fwd: MercurialEclipse 1.8 Webinar

Ian Liu Rodrigues

Apr 19, 2011, 8:31:26 AM4/19/11
to GeBR

You're receiving this mail because you signed up at codebeamer.com or at javaforge.com
Intland Software Webinar: MercurialEclipse plugin 1.8

MercurialEclipse 1.8 Webinar: Better for Teams and for Task Focused Work

Webinar date: May 5, 2011
Time: 4:00 PM (MEST)/ 10:00 AM (EST)
Presenter: Michael Lukas

Mercurial Logo MercurialEclipse version 1.8 is the result of the work done on the project since December 2010. Beyond on the recent plugin enhancements we show:

  • How to use it in teams with Apache & Mercurial installation is documented for Windows and Linux.
  • How to use the extension called CBES plugin, where you can create and edit tasks, bugs, requirements, edit and commit code quickly without leaving Eclipse.

On the Webinar we show how to use MercurialEclipse, and how to use in team configuring with Apache and in for task-focused work provided by Mylyn integration.

New feature highllights:

  • Meaningful status reports for background operations Instead of displaying the truncated hg commandline, a more meaningful status text is displayed for long running background operations. Benefit: you will understand what hg is doing even if not being intimately familiar with the commandline client.
  • Streamlined dependencies Streamlining the dependencies of MercurialEclipse allows installing it on "uncommon Eclipse distributions", like Wireframesketcher Studio, for example. (Wireframesketcher is a standalone product based on Eclipse 3.6.)
  • Enhanced merge editor No matter what, you have to do manual merging time to time. It became a less frustrating experience now, by introducing helpful goodies like content assist in compare editors.
  • History View enhancements Automatic history view refresh, displaying the source of copied files, and some other changes make browing histories more convenient and more efficient.
  • Lots of bugfixes You are welcome to scan through the list of all issues resolved in 1.8 at JavaForge.

The most active contributors of this release are: Andrei Loskutov, John Peberdy and Søren Mathiasen.
MercurialEclipse is available as a free plugin via the Eclipse Update Site hosted at JavaForge.

Join our free webinar:
MercurialEclipse 1.8 Webinar: Better for Teams and for Task Focused Work

Date:
Thursday, May 05, 2011 - Time: 4:00PM - 4:45PM (MEST) / 10:00AM - 10:45AM (EST)

The webinar will shortly introduce the major differences between traditional version control systems (such as CVS or Subversion) versus Mercurial and Git. Furthermore, it will show you how to use the MercurialEclipse plugin together with codeBeamer.

  • Introduction of DVCS and Mercurial
  • Installation MercurialEclipse, Apache
  • Creating a clone of your repository
  • Task based working
  • Change, commit, push
  • Working with branches

For further information please see also:

News & Blog

How to join the Webinar?

It is easy, just click on the following link to get the GoTo-Meeting information:

MercurialEclipse 1.8 Webinar: Better for Teams and for Task Focused Work

Best Regards,
Your Intland Software Team

If you like this Newsletter, also check out our blog, our web site, find us on Facebook (also see codeBeamer, JavaForge and MercurialEclipse there), and follow us on Twitter.
If you look for collaboration software, check out our codeBeamer product: download it or try it for free.
Copyright © 2011 Intland Software. All rights reserved.

If you don't like to receive any further information from Intland, please click on opt out.