Geben on ELPA

Dan Hackney

Dec 10, 2009, 7:30:17 AM12/10/09
to geben-dev
Thank you for the fantastic Geben package! It made my life infinitely
easier when writing PHP code for Drupal.

Have you considered adding Geben to ELPA, the Emacs Lisp Package
Archive[1]? It would make it easier for users to install and keep up-
to-date, as well as increasing its visibility. The process is fairly
simple: format the headers according to the specs at [2] and email the
ELPA maintainers. If you like, I can handle both of these aspects, I
just want your permission to go ahead and do so.

Thanks again!

Daniel Hackney

[1] http://tromey.com/elpa/
[2] http://tromey.com/elpa/upload.html

FUJINAKA Tohru

Dec 11, 2009, 1:59:09 AM12/11/09
to gebe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

> Have you considered adding Geben to ELPA, the Emacs Lisp Package
> Archive? It would make it easier for users to install and keep up-
> to-date, as well as increasing its visibility.

Thanks to this kind of suggestion.

> The process is fairly simple:
> format the headers according to the specs at [2] and email the
> ELPA maintainers. If you like, I can handle both of these aspects, I
> just want your permission to go ahead and do so.

If you don't mind - yes, please.

But talking about the uploading process, it would be not so simple.

As I firstly read ELPA site document, I found these 2 terms:
- A package consisting of a single .el file
- If your package is more than one file, please contact us to discuss
uploading.

Currently GEBEN consists of 2 lisp files(dbgp.el and geben.el) and image files.
So I think you will need some coordination.

Still can I ask you to handle that process?

--

reedom