Has anybody got geb-spock-reports and parallel tests running?

Bob Brown

Apr 10, 2022, 9:47:41 PM4/10/22
to geb-...@googlegroups.com

I’ve been periodically trying, failing and dumping my thoughts/attempts/nasty hacks at:

https://github.com/AOEpeople/geb-spock-reports/issues/34

Geb-spock-reports is actually a nice framework and works well if all tests are sequentially executed.

I have tweaked a template to get everything I need, including screenshots/thumbnails, as in this blurry example:

Of course, as I get more tests going the desire/need to run in parallel increases…

Alternatively, since geb-spock-reports seems abandonware (or at least, the author is [sadly] not responding to issues [I’m not trying to play the blame game here, please note]), can anyone recommend an equivalent package?

Cheers,

BOB

jc

Apr 11, 2022, 9:47:59 AM4/11/22
to Geb User Mailing List
How are you running the tests in parallel?  I have success using Gradle's maxForks property.  I haven't tried spock's parallel execution but I honestly prefer Gradle's "by class" execution. I don't seem to have issues with the geb-spock-reports in this case.

I do share your frustration that geb-spock-reports has been abandoned.  I learned that it doesn't work with spock-reports:2.3-groovy-3.0.  The last one it seems to work on is spock-reports:2.1-groovy-3.0.  Sadly the creator said he doesn't use these reports anymore thus doesn't have the time nor desire to update it.

I think our only hope is someone else updating it and fixing it for us, but that's out of my wheel house.  Looks like you were able to adjust some things with it though, not sure if you are capable of that?  The creator did say he would merge any pull requests, so if someone can do that work for us we'd be back in business.

Bob Brown

Apr 12, 2022, 4:25:04 AM4/12/22
to geb-...@googlegroups.com

I have:

===

tasks.withType(Test) {

    testLogging {

    …

    useJUnitPlatform()

    …

    maxParallelForks = Runtime.runtime.availableProcessors() - 2

    forkEvery = 50

    systemProperty 'runner.parallel.enabled', 'false'

    …

===

This give me the issues I am seeing.

Is this what you have, or am I missing something?

I had the initial hope that I could do some maintenance, but I am crashing and burning

BOB

jc

Apr 12, 2022, 10:34:04 AM4/12/22
to Geb User Mailing List
Mine doesn't look that much different.  What version of spock reports are you using?  When I was upgrading my whole project to Geb 5.1/Groovy 3/Spock 2 I was not getting the reports to work with spock-reports:2.3-groovy-3.0.  You may have to go back versions and try those.

jc

Apr 12, 2022, 10:34:47 AM4/12/22
to Geb User Mailing List
spock-reports:2.1-groovy-3.0 seems like it will be the last version that works with geb-spock-reports since it is no longer supported.