Java Virtual Machine Launcher Error Could Not Find Java.dll

Libby Cowen

Jul 25, 2024, 2:01:30 AM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to Geb User Mailing List

I was trying to set up Eclipse for trying my hand at Android app dev.I downloaded Eclipse and tried to run it... discovered I needed Java JDK. Googled and found JDK 7u40 (jdk-7u40-windows-x64.exe) and installed it. The install seemed to have gone dandy but when I tried to run Eclipse I got an error as well as if I try java version in cmd.

You can tell eclipse which JRE to use in the eclipse.ini. If you've installed bundles that require 1.7 in your IDE you will need a 1.7 JRE to run the IDE itself.add the below lines to eclipse.ini file

java virtual machine launcher error could not find java.dll

Download ✦✦✦ https://geags.com/2zMZ6t

As most of us suggested to edit the registry, but in case you don't want to, because it's risky or you don't have permissions to do so, you can uninstall all the java version, restart your machine, install desired java version, make sure to set path settings. This worked for me.

I checked the shortcut path and it fires up javaw.exe with a string following within the shortcut. I navigated to the G2 program files and I tried clicking in the javaw.exe directly within the application folder and got the same error.

I renamed the javaw.exe in the G2 app to javaw_old.exe and then copied and pasted the javaw.exe file from the above path into my app folder. Files side by side, you could see a file size difference and the date was 8 months difference. The newer and larger file being the one in the latest Java install folder.

If you have the same issue as me where everything Java is okay and your still getting the error, try find the java(.exe) file that your app is erroring on, rename it and copy and paste the same file from your Java folder (C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin) to the same folder your app's Java file is located.

Having both 1.7 and 1.8 caused me this problem. While uninstalling 1.8 some of the 1.7 registry keys were removed I guess. I was missing the key Java Runtime Environment and JavaHome String. Uninstalling all the versions of JDK and reinstalling the 1.7(update 80) solved me the problem.

I had exactly the same problem and exactly same set of errors. That was because my registry key Java Runtime Environment was missing altogether.I did not have any conflicting 32/64 bit settings or any conflicting 1.7/1.8 settings.

All I did was install an update provided by Java and my settings went haywire.What I did to resolve was, instead of updating registry entries myself, I simply did an uninstall and fresh install of JRE and everything was back to normal.

Make sure your JDK Path variable is directing to the \bin folder and is at the top of the list, because it always uses the first match. By moving it to the top you can make sure that no other path is matched first.

If there's any other entry that has a file called java (such as C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath) it will run the command against that file instead of the java file in your JDK. There's no need to reinstall the entire JDK unless your files are corrupt or damaged for some reason.

Problem:We had the same problem in our Windows 2012 server. We used JAVA_HOME environmental system variable, an we used in the PATH this kind of settings: ...%JAVA_HOME%/bin;...and no other java related settings was in the PATH.

You could be using a 32 bit version of java on a 64 bit environment.Export the registry hive form HKLM\Software\JavaSoft and import into HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft. For 1.6 I only needed JavaHome and RuntimeLib values.

None of the above worked for me, unfortunately.The error solved when I uninstalled the old JDK versions that were installed on my computer. I did it simply with the "Uninstall or change a program" tool (under the Control Panel).

I removed the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Heroku\bin" from PATH variable and the problem has gone. I think it is probably the Heroku require different version of Java. So check all directories in your PATH variable, remove the possible ones may have confliction.

If you face this error in cmd with another error as "could not find runtime environment" after you have done all settings in Environment Variable. Then you just need to run jre.exe in your jdk folder and reinstall it and then recheck it by java -version command. Hope it will help you.

4a15465005