>>> Sponsoring GEB! <<<

Dan

Mar 21, 2022, 11:52:13 AM3/21/22
to Geb User Mailing List
>>> Sponsoring GEB! <<<

This software is a masterpiece, I'm sure that many of GEB users will agree with this, I know it can contain issues, this is normal is not a perfect app, BUT it is an  extremely useful and powerful software in terms of automation.
I was looking into the home page https://www.gebish.org/ to see where I can donate since it is an open source code and I just want to support this app with the little that I have, but I was not able to find any section mentioning anything about donations, like we can see here: https://junit.org/junit5/ -> Sponsoring.
Since this section was missing I was wondering if this is on purpose and if it is, then can someone explain why? if not, I would like maybe like others to create a plan and support GEB team for their work with some monthly donations.

>>> Sponsoring GEB! <<<

Best regards,
Dani

Marcin Erdmann

Mar 23, 2022, 5:52:18 AM3/23/22
to geb-...@googlegroups.com
The link is not there because in the almost 13 years since Geb was conceived nobody has asked for it. To be frank I don’t think that there would be enough interest in this to set something up and check out all of the legal/tax implications of taking donations. It’s very kind of you to want to donate, thanks. If you really feel like donating to the ecosystem Geb depends on then there is the open collective for Groovy at

Dan

Apr 8, 2022, 7:56:27 AM4/8/22
to Geb User Mailing List

Thanks Erdi for the reply,

I waited on purpose to see if other GEB users would join in this conversation and maybe they'll share the same questions as I did. It is sad to see that everybody expects to get everything for free without taking into consideration the huge effort of maintaining GEB up-to-date and fixing all the issues that occur. There are important companies using this technology, and I'm sure if there were a donation section and some small advertising regarding this, it would have an important impact on GEB.

I hope that the support for GEB will not end soon and I hope that more and more people will find and use this masterpiece that is extremely useful and, once you know how to work with it, extremely powerful in the software automation process.

Best regards,