Getting a string instead of a Navigator

Ben Frey

Aug 24, 2020, 2:22:58 PM8/24/20
to Geb User Mailing List
I have a page with this content:
static content = {
     startButton { $('button', name: 'startButton') }
}

While debugging, I've discovered that while the selector does indeed return a Navigator object, in my script I have

at MyPage
startButton.click()

Here, if I evaluate startButton, it just returns the text of the button as a string, rather than an actual Navigator. Because of that, the click throws an exception. What am I missing here?

Marcin Erdmann

Aug 25, 2020, 12:42:09 PM8/25/20
to geb-...@googlegroups.com
What's the stacktrace of the exception?

Ben Frey

Aug 25, 2020, 2:30:19 PM8/25/20
to Geb User Mailing List
I'm not sure which change since yesterday fixed the problem, but it's not happening anymore. :shrug: