Request for a better test result reporting option with Geb, or have an example project be created

Sean Frenzel

Oct 12, 2023, 1:06:37 PM10/12/23
to Geb User Mailing List
The project https://github.com/AOEpeople/geb-spock-reports was great and embedded screenshots into the reports and used the project https://github.com/renatoathaydes/spock-reports however it has been archived and isn't able to be used with newer version of GEB from my experience.

I haven't seen a recommendation or example project from GEB to create better reports through the spock-reports project or other options.

Can we get an official recommendation or example of better reports being setup with Geb?

Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative that will embed screenshots and do what the geb-spock-reports did?

Bob Brown

Oct 17, 2023, 12:41:50 AM10/17/23
to geb-...@googlegroups.com

I have managed to massage geb-spock-reports well enough for my purposes (and I am very grateful that it is around). But I do have to say it isn’t quite ‘there.’ I have had no success with parallel runs, for example.

This is a major lack for Geb (and all the selenium tools, as far as I can see), pages like the below, notwithstanding:

https://www.lambdatest.com/blog/best-reporting-tools-for-selenium/

I recognise the “this is open-source, step up and contribute” argument as being valid but I’m ever hopeful.

Allure is often mentioned, but I haven’t had time to ‘play’…would love to hear anyone else’s experiences!

https://allurereport.org/

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67534121/setting-up-spock-test-with-allure-reports

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50560478/how-to-integrate-geb-spock-and-allure-report

BOB