Can Geb record video of the test?

Ben Frey

Nov 2, 2020, 11:32:31 AM11/2/20
to Geb User Mailing List
I know there is a ScreenshotReporter, but is there a way to make a video? We can currently run tests on SauceLabs and review videos there, but SauceLabs seems to be inherently flakier than running the tests locally.

tho...@posteo.de

Nov 2, 2020, 11:42:11 AM11/2/20
to geb-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ben,

recording of a video needs to happen on the machine that is running the
browser, so no Geb cannot do that on its own.
I can recommend Zalenium for recording videos, but be aware that it is
no longer maintained.
Some of the code will move upstream into Selenium Grid 4.0, my guess is
that video recording will be among it.
Otherwise, look at docker-selenium, on which Zalenium is based, which
also implements video recording.

Cheers,
Thomas