Webdrivers via webdriver-binaries-gradle-plugin vs Testcontainers (Webdriver Containers)

Mick Hunter

May 6, 2020, 8:06:10 PM5/6/20
to Geb Development Mailing List
Anyone experimented with using both of these options?  I'm curious the holistic differences including how CI machinery will interact / work with each?  Not sure which option works best and I'm trying to identify an option before presenting Geb to a larger audience within my org.

Thomas Hirsch

May 7, 2020, 3:45:50 AM5/7/20
to Geb Development Mailing List
Hello Mick,

I recommend to set it up in way that you have the webdriver binaries installed for development (e.g. via the Gradle plugin), so that the person developing the test can run the browser on their local machine, and use the developer tools etc.
For automated execution, I am using docker-selenium, specifically Zalenium (https://github.com/zalando/zalenium), which is running permanently, independent from test execution.

Best regards,
Thomas
Message has been deleted